Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Doggy Stitches is Complete!

Well, hello there!

I've been gone for a while, but have very busy!

I finished the Doggy Quilt for my niece Jael. I used the Birdie Stitches design from Little Miss Shabby but substituted a cute little hot dog, since my sister has two of them and my niece loves them.

So here it is completed. Keep in mind, the quilting looks MUCH better in person than it does in this picture. I did straight line stitch in the ditch. I need to get better at it, but really, it does look better in person.
Doggy Stitches Quilt

This is a close up of the last few blocks.
September Doggy BlockOctober Doggy StitchesNovember Doggy StitchesDecember Doggy StitchesJuly Doggy Stitches

The back is cozy flannel.
Back of Doggy Stitches

I think my sis will love it and I know my niece will. It was fun to make this throughout the year and then see it come all together in the end.

I also finished my birdie stitch quilt for my other niece and will be taking pictures tomorrow when the sun is out.

Hope you are getting everything finished up for Christmas! I believe I may start a few dish towels for my mother-in-law's stocking stuffer. Man, I'm cutting it close!

6 comments:

  1. It's so cute all together :) I really love the doggies that you substituted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cute...love the little doggies

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is amazing!!! It looks so cute and just perfect! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that sometimes when I use puffier batting, the quilt looks better in person than in the photo. It's hard not to manipulate the fabric and let the walking foot & feed dogs do all the work because on my machine, the fabric on the bottom gets pulled more which can make unsightly bubbles and tucks. My straight line quilting always looks better with low loft batting which is why I usually use Warm and White. But my kids always prefer polyester batting if I ask them.

    I use painter's tape as a guide when doing my straight lines if there are places where there are no seams to follow. I can reuse the same piece of tape multiple times.

    I think your quilt looks absolutely perfect. It is so beautiful and made with love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great - lovely to have the little dogs instead of birds:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very cute! I love the scrappy borders and the dogs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete