Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New fabric

I got to my sister's house after two months on the road.  We were going to have a grand ole time, but then my kids got sick.  Like throwing up all night sick and breathing treatments sick.  Antibiotics and pink eye sick.  Ugh.  So sad. 

But we are still having a good time.  Making the best of it.  Seems like we're all on the mend, as long as nothing else happens.

Waiting for me at my sis'.
This was waiting for me in the mail from Julie at IntrepidThread.  It was the last of my birthday money.  Man, that money went a long way in her shop!  Great prices and sales.  Seriously.  And no, not getting paid to say so.  She even sends you a few 5" squares from a different line with every purchase, just to entice you.  Sneaky, sneaky.

This is my favorite fabric from the Indie line.
My fav of indie collection

My mom, sister and I also went shopping for new fabric for my nephew's new quilt.  He is due in December and will need something to cuddle up in.

Here's what she picked as the main fabrics.
Main fabrics for my new nephew's quilt
And these are the extras.  I love it.  I think it's so cute.
New nephew's quilt fabric

Hope all is well with you.  I'll be showing you what I've been working on in a bit.

I miss my sewing machine, but we're having a great time on the road!

5 comments:

  1. So sorry the gang is sick. Hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better - all of you! Love the Indie fabric you got - Julie really does have a great shop, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! I remember those days all too well. We would put empty buckets all over the house, so in case the bathroom was busy......
    Glad all is getting better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're still having a great time on the road despite sick children!

    The idea of sending a little charm square with each purchase is very clever.

    ReplyDelete