Thursday, November 22, 2012

How do you make camo look good?

Um...not sure if I know the answer to that question.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving Day!  We had a great time with my side of the family this year.  And my nephew has a birthday coming up in a week, so I made him a quilt that he asked for last year.  And then I forgot it.  I almost cried.

Well, it will either make it's way up to him via mail or we'll see them sooner than later and I'll hand deliver it.  Maybe after his birthday, around Christmas.

He asked for a camoflage quilt.  Really?  Camo?  Ok, so I was on it.  I found this pixel-camo (I made that name up) while we were on our trip across America.  And this is what I came up with using my stash for the rest of the fabric.


Camo Quilt

I added in navy blue, dark and light grey, white and khaki and a little of one of the DSQuilts fabrics from Joann's.   I think it works.  It's very manly-ish.  Perfect for my nephew Grant. He's a little manly man in a house with 3 older sisters.


Untitled

I did an all over meandering stippling and it turned out looking like camoflage, too.  So that was perfect for the back. Now I'm just nervous and hope he's going to like it!

I'm linking up over at Finish It Up Friday.  Check it out.

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. This is perfect Sarah. He should like it a lot! Your stippling is a fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the stitching which is such a contrast to the straight lines of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I ended up using some pixelated camo in the I Spy quilt I'm making and I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete