Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lots Going On!

 I have finally finished sewing the binding on to this little baby quilt/play mat.  I added an extra layer of batting to make it the perfect floor mat for those early months.
Here's the back:


This is the quilt that I've made for my little niece Ayla. (really she's my second-cousin, but she's more like a niece to me.)   I gave it to her for her second birthday, and now her mom is going to use it to decorate her "big girl" bedroom.  She asked for a few pillows to go with it.

Ayla's Circles



Here is the front with an A for Ayla.  (You can see the tutorial here.)

All I have left to do is stitch the bottom closed.

And this is the back of the pillow.  It's actually a light pink, but I darkened the picture so you can see that I quilted her name into the pillow a few times amidst the stippling.



I've been wanting to make this sprocket pillow for a long time, using Cluck, Cluck, Sew's tutorial.  She gives great guidance as you make it and it goes together extremely fast, like an hour or so.
Mine is almost done.  I ran out of filling, so I'll have to finish it up another day.


I have also sent in my first two blocks for the do.Good Stitches charity bee.  I have never made a wonky log cabin, but now I can cross that off my list! Here is one of them.
do. Good stitches block for Grace - September

I have a few other WIP's going on.  My Quilting for Kids quilt blocks are still coming in.  You can see the progress  here

I'll also be starting my FIRST commissioned quilt soon. (!) So exciting!

And I'll be making a few memory quilts for a family member who's father just passed away.  I'll share with you all as I go.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced





Sew Happy Geek







Esther’s Website

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pillows!! The A is so cute and adding her name in the quilting was such a cool idea. I've got the sprocket pillow on my radar, but haven't had time to get around to it yet. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - I can`t find your address! Please can you send it to me at lifesrichpattern@gmail.com as soon as possible. I want to get the blocks off to you ASAP. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first commissioned quilt!!

    I must say, I do love all the pieces you have up here. The floor quilt looks wonderful, really bright and cheerful. And lucky Ayla, with her own quilt and cushion, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely items; my favourite is the baby play quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'A' pillow is so darn cute! I like that you wrote her name in the stippling, makes it so special now. And that sprocket pillow has been sitting here on my 'to do' table for awhile now. I am finishing up a re-do of my studio(just an attic) and wanted to make those pillows. It's fun to see that you made one and yours turned out so nice. I'll havta' get busy :) You inspired me to get it done!
    See you again soon...happy stitching, susie

    ReplyDelete