Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, I can't believe Monday is already gone.

This was a super busy weekend. I got a lot accomplished and feel great about it!

Mostly, it was cleaning, though. I cleaned out the clutter from my laundry room and washed it from top to bottom. It's actually not that bad to be in there now.  I also did the same for the two bathrooms. 

I also finished the laundry (however, that was Saturday, and I have probably about 2-3 loads to do now. The never ending story.....lalalalalala)

BUT - I did make a few things.

Halloween

Halloween

A cute little halloween inspired rosette pin.  It's for sale in my etsy shop.

Fall Wreath

Fall Wreath

And a fall wreath.  This was inspired by something somewhere on the internet. I feel badly that I do not have the link for it.  It was so pretty and stuck in my head.  While I was shopping I picked up the wreath on a whim and just had to make it.  So, sorry if it was your idea first.  But thank you!

This will be going to my friend, Bec.  She's been my friend since kindergarten!

I think I'm going to have to make one for me, though, because every time I pass it in my house I just love it.

And last but not least, I made a little wall hanging to put up in my laundry room.

Originally, I was going to make something colorful and quirky with something like "Wash, Wear, Repeat."

As I was going through my stash, though, I found these fabrics.










These are the fabrics that I chose for a little girl quilt when I was pregnant with my first child.

He was a boy.

Second baby was a boy.

Then I had two miscarriages.  One of them, I'm convinced is a little girl.  She was a fighter.  She held on through a lot.  My second son was in the NICU when he was born, and I commented that there were mostly little boys in there.  The nurses said, "That's because little girls are fighters.  They hang on and get out of here quickly."  So, I think she's a little girl waiting for me in heaven.

So I made this little wall hanging that says, "Thank You, Lord, for those I wash for and for those I do not."  It is a little dress and quilt hanging on the line.



It will be nice to see this in the laundry room, when I'm doing the never ending job.  It will remind me to be thankful for those I have to hold.

Including boy number 3.

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

Making







Sew Happy Geek

9 comments:

  1. This wall hanging is beautiful. I'm just sure the baby we lost is a girl...I have a little boy who is beautiful..and growing fast every year. We are so thankful for him, and I too know I have a baby girl waiting for me in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I am sending you a big virtual hug. Thank you for sharing so much with us and I adore your hanging. I think we all need reminders of what we have each day. Give your boys a squish from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful sentiment - I'm glad you've made it to remind you. I carried only one of four pregnancies to full term so I understand a little of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. You are good to remind us of what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think many of us can relate to your little girls story which bought a tear to my eyes. Even after 40 odd years it hurts. It is just wonderful to see people talking about this now days where we were expected to keep it to ourselves & that was a terrible burden to carry without support. Thank you for helping me now. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wreath! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wall hanging is just so precious! Thank you for sharing that :-)

    ReplyDelete