Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quilting for Kids WIP

It's been exciting this week to receive so much mail!

Mail Call! 9/7/11

And looks what's inside!
All the pretty blocks together.  Don't they look lovely?

Garden Fence received to date 9/7/11

Stars Received to date 9/7/11

Any and all reservations I had about all these different purples and pinks getting together and playing nicely are gone.  I think they look wonderful together and can't wait to keep adding more.

Thank you girls so much for joining Quilting for Kids and getting these blocks to me so quickly! And those that are still working on theirs, let this inspire you to keep on.  I know you probably have many other projects working, but just imagine your block with these.  It's a little piece of beauty!

I'm going to get sashing cut out for these quilts, but don't think I'll begin sewing until I receive all of the blocks.  That way I can make sure that all of the shades and colors are distributed nicely.

If you'd like the back story on these quilts and Quilting for Kids, read the story here.


In other news, I've sent off my Fall Bee block.

Christmas Block


Also, I've been doing a little embroidery for Halloween.  I don't really decorate for it that much, but friends of mine do, so I thought I'd get some things done for them.

Spider Web

Boo!

Thank you all for stopping by, and go on over to my follow tab and click it, I know you want to! :)



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Sew Happy Geek


Esther’s Blog

12 comments:

  1. Wow- those blocks look so beautiful together - the pinks and purples turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting for kids blocks are coming together so nicely! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree they do all look nice together. What a way to make a difference ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're right. Those pinks and purples look fabulous together and are going to make two little girls very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks do play well together - I think I'd better get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is going to be a very pretty quilt! You will have some very happy little girls once it's made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They go perfectly together, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see those quilts! The blocks look great together. I love your Halloween hoops. Just might have to do something like that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sarah, they are looking fantastic already. I must admit, I was a little worried about all the pinks and purples as well but no more - they look wonderful together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that little plug at the end! The blocks look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can almost feel the joy these girls are going to get when they see these beautiful quilts; they will not believe they are theirs; what comfort & warmth they will give them. Well done every one & Sarah you must be a very very caring person. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from the SBM. I love the look of your blog; your grey, yellow and white background is very elegant and modern. And the Halloween decorations you did are too cute! I have to try that.

    ReplyDelete